Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2009

ELGAM LUXOR ** Repairs

A nice Italian one i got pretty cheap. But then: Two notes were no go. Crap!


Good thing: The schematics were included. I believe the date of purchase was 1971. Anyway, that made things way easier.

First step: Get out those damn oscillator cards. This sucks, because you have to un-solder 7 wires for each card. And 3 of them are almost unreachable. Un-soldering is not so much the problem here.. But soldering the stuff back on surely is!



Anyway, i un-soldered the two bad cards, cleaned their back with 99% iso alcohol and properly re-soldered them. And: Tataaa: They are working.


I thought the vinyl cover of the wooden top looks just disgusting, so i started removing it so i could paint it.



(to be continued)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen